Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

EAT: Melon...lots of melon.

A mostly-emptied watermelon and a spoon in the backyard--that was summer bliss as a kid. Often my mom would scoop out about three quarters of the melon for a fruit salad to take to a cookout and leave me with the remnants. I remember sitting in the grass and eating every bit of red from that shell. Melon makes summer so sweet. 

Cantaloupe and tomatoes from my garden...mmm

Here in Colorado, melons are plentiful right now. Cantaloupe is two for a dollar. And, my garden smells like sweet, ripe melon. As the melon season winds down, I'm making the most of it. My favorite refreshing afternoon treat is a melon smoothie. This is the simplest smoothie in the world. 

Melon Smoothie
Ingredients: chunks of melon, ice, a little water
Directions: Place all ingredients in your blender or Magic Bullet and blend.
                  Pour it into a glass and enjoy! Share if you must.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...