Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

PRAY: the birds and the bees

I'm relatively Type A. Not like A ++ when it comes to everything, but a pretty high degree of A-ness on the whole.

And part of the territory is that I've had this plan for how my life would go since the age of ten (or four?). And although there are things I could not have begun to imagine would have been so amazingly wonderful and beautiful, there have been times where I thought things would have gone differently, and maybe even better had they gone according to my little planski. In those moments, I've caught myself wondering if maybe somewhere along the line God forgot about how things were supposed to go for me.

Last night, a friend of mine was discussing that she had been feeling that way lately, and our other friend brought up Matthew 6:26:

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

And isn't it the truth? If God remembers to feed the birdies and duckies every day, would he really forget the fact that she was hoping this season of pain would pass? Certainly not.

Moving forward, in my times of trial, I will undoubtedly lean upon this verse to be reminded that as long as God is still feeding the baby birds, he's going to take care of my needs too.
PS: If you're a bird. I'm a bird. :)

image via

1 comment:

  1. it's so true! isn't nice to find comfort in God and know that He's looking out for us?!!!


    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...