Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

A Tisket, A Tasket

Easter is joy and hope. It is a beautiful day of celebration, prayer, and family time. Whether your family is spread out across the country or is a group of friends who have become family for you, this weekend is a perfect time to show them you care.

If you have a friend or family member who doesn't regularly attend church, Easter weekend is an excellent time to invite them to come with you. Maybe you haven't been to church in a while either. Easter is such a welcoming time in most churches and their will be plenty of newcomers there. You or your friend won't be the only one who doesn't know exactly how communion is done or where the best seats are.

Whether or not you have kids in your life, make an Easter basket for someone this weekend. Wouldn't your church buddy be delighted to find a basket of treats on the car seat when you pick her up? I've made baskets for my husband and son and I for Easter even though my son is way too young to appreciate it. I love the idea of starting traditions early in our family's life. I'm definitely going to coerce my husband into decorating eggs with me on Saturday night. There are so many thoughtful and inexpensive gifts you could place into a basket for a friend: fancy chocolates, a headband, vegetable seeds, a potted pansy, tea, a small prayer journal, or some fresh fruit.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...