Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

MAKE: These are the Days

I admit to having a type-A personality.

I prefer to be organized.  And productive.  There are certain things I expect of myself in a given day.  And sometimes I have a hard time just letting down.

And since Crosby's birth, I have desired to be creative and also "productive" with my sewing machine.

However, many other things have trumped sewing and creating...such as feeding and snuggling a new baby at home.

And while I have not created much with my hands as of late, I am creating the most wonderful and beautiful bond with my baby.  Holding him late at night and having him fall asleep on my chest is the most amazing feeling in the world.

As the fog is settling after bringing a new baby home, I am remembering that I need to give myself grace in the weeks ahead.  And I am also remembering that while I may not be making something tangible with my hands, I am making something so important and lovely...I am making wonderful connections with my baby and I am helping to form the bonds that tie our new family of five together.

I truly love to create things, but sometimes I think we need to take a step back and find the joy and creativity in things far less tangible...in our relationships with family and friends and with the Lord.  And remember that these are the days...

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was more of a type A! Whatever the scatter brained un-organized one is ME lol! Yes a new sweet baby will get me distracted from arts and crafts any day as well. Being a Mom is the most important job in the world! Its all about finding that balance..which is sometimes easier said than done..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...