Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

PRAY: Hakuna Matata

Courtney sent me this devotional, and I’ve been reading it lately when I have a hard time letting my mind rest.  

"Rest in me, my child. Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen. 
Pray continually, asking my Spirit to take charge of the details of this day. 
Remember that you are on a journey with Me. 
When you try to peer into the future and plan for every possibility, you ignore your constant Companion who sustains you moment by moment. 
As you gaze anxiously into the distance, you don't even feel the strong grip of My hand holding yours. 
Remembrance of Me is a daily discipline.  Never lose sight of my presence with you.  This will keep you resting in Me all day, every day."

Regardless of what trials we are all facing, it’s always important to remember that we’re not in control – so there really is no point in trying to micromanage the future. Instead, we ought to bask in the glory that is the present day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...