Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

MAKE: Mobile


When our daughter was born, I noticed that so many baby mobiles are either kind of garish and over-the-top or many of them were muted and boring.  We ended up with a boring yellow, green and blue mobile that never caught our daughter's attention and it was put in the attic after a few months.

So when we found out we were expecting again, I decided I would try to make a mobile.  I knew infants responded best to vivid colors and black and white so I went in that direction.

I cut dozens of circles out of brightly colored and black and white card stock and strung them on a thin wire.  I tied knots under each circle and put a small bead to hold it in place.  After placing all of the circles on the wires, I tied it all to a metal hoop I purchased at Michaels and tied it to a hook on our ceiling.  Both of our sons love it!

So very easy and inexpensive and it adds some fun whimsy and color to the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...