Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

PLAY: Just Tri

Some may argue, but I think a good workout fits just fine in our PLAY category. Now, Courtney and Whitney are runners. Serious runners. They do all kinds of crazy things--like running marathons. (Although, Whitney is currently sidelined.) I consider myself a lover of workouts, but no matter how much I try, running just hurts. That being said, it was a major accomplishment for me to complete the Bolder Boulder 10k after Griffin's birth. It was a sort of reclaiming of my body and identity to train for it and finish it. It may be a little strange, but as I near the end of this pregnancy, I find myself wanting to plan another physical feat...other than labor, that is.

Several of my friends here in Colorado are passionate about competing in triathlons. It has given me the inspiration to consider making that my post-baby goal. Seeing as I haven't swum competitively since high school and I've never biked in any sort of a race, it will definitely be outside of my comfort zone. I don't even know where to begin with my training--luckily I have quite a few people who can help me with that! But, I do know that a physical challenge does something good for the soul. So, while I will be exhausted from sleep deprivation and toddler chasing, I know that I will also find myself invigorated by the quest to "tri" something new.

Anyone want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...