Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

pumpkin muffins

If it were possible for adults to get Carotenemia, I would undoubtedly have a lovely orange glow from all the pumpkin I eat. I just can't get enough of it.  

I normally try to wait to eat pumpkin products until it really is fall - so at least until October.  But, it's hard to wait now that candy corn comes out in August and Starbucks changes their cups to the holiday version in October.  How can I resist?


Now that it's almost Thanksgiving, pumpkin-flavored-food-season is in full swing.  


One of my favorite fall treats are pumpkin cupcakes (or, if you want to eat them for breakfast, pumpkin muffins).  They're insanely easy to make, and, amazingly, fat free.

They're perfect to make for your Thanksgiving feast this week.
Ingredients:
1 box spice cake - I prefer Duncan Hines
1 small can of pumpkin 

(that's it! for real.)



Directions:
  1. PREP: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tins. 
  2. MIX: In a mixing bowl, combine the can of pumpkin and the spice cake - it will be pretty dry, so mix until the pumpkin has absorbed all of the mix. 
  3. POUR: Pour batter into muffin tins (more likely a scoop than a pour).
  4. BAKE: For 18-21 minutes.
  5. Enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving Pumpkin Eaters!


photo via allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...