Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

EAT: Iced Coffee

As the weather heats up, I find myself longing for iced coffee in the morning.  Unfortunately, treating myself to a coffee beverage on a regular basis is not in our budget.  

I have brewed a pot of coffee and put it in the refrigerator to make my own homemade iced coffee.  However, it never tastes as if it's been brewed by a barista.  

I recently stumbled across this recipe to make iced coffee at home.  It is delicious and doesn't have that bitter taste my regular pot of coffee over ice has possessed.  And it was so very simple and inexpensive!



  • Start with 1/4 cup of coarse ground coffee, and add 1 cup of cold water. Let it hang out in the refrigerator overnight.



  • The next morning add 1 more cup of water.



  • Strain (I poured it through a coffee filter) and pour into a chilled glass over ice (makes two glasses).



  • I enjoyed it over ice with a generous amount of milk, a bit of sugar and half and half.  









  • Delicious, easy and inexpensive!  Hooray!

    1 comment:

    1. MMM!! I love iced coffee! It is the perfect morning treat..because I add lots of half and half! Great tutorial on how to do it yourself

      XO Lindsay @ Delighted Momma

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...