Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

PLAY: water

As the sun is getting hotter and the days are getting longer, I just can't stay indoors. From long runs to reading on my patio, I'm itching to be in the fresh air. 

With this change, I've also found myself dying of thirst at night. Although I consider myself to be a very avid water drinker, it's amazing how much more I need when it's warm. As I aim to transition to summer-worthy consumption levels, I've decided to get a little more creative with my H20.

Courtney has recommended that I add a little seltzer and fruit (or a tiny splash of fruit juice) to my water, which definitely helps around 3 pm, when I am yearning for something sweet (like iced coffee). My favorite combinations are either grapefruit juice, or citrus fruits, best when shaken, not stirred, in my water bottle.

I've also heard that freezing fruit into ice cubes really jazzes things up. This is less portable and not an option for me during the workday, but I think trying it on the weekend might make for a lovely activity.
Another option, which is great for those who are prone to stomachaches is to add ginger, cucumber, lemon and spearmint, which will soothe your tum and feel like a poolside cocktail sans calories.
If you can't quite bear the thought of adding things to blissfully simple water, try switching up your routine. Throw in a straw, buy a fun new glass, or switch to a water bottle.
With bonuses like boosting your metabolism, clearing up your skin and keeping you regular, I'd say it's definitely worth it to make yourself a little hydration station.


images via fitbie

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful ideas. Water does sometimes need a little sprucing up.

    Hugs!

    You Are My Favorite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love putting cucumbers in my water and I've been wanting to freeze fruit in ice cubes too lately! I love summer time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those add-in ideas! Thanks!! I drink my water out of a wide-mouth quart canning jar ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...