Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fellowship

It is so easy to get wrapped up in our busy lifestyles and to forget or de-prioritize spending time with others. I think it's such a crucial and fulfilling part of our Christianity. Sometimes I do not want to go out of the house on a cold, dark winter night to drive to Bible Study. But, every time I meet with the ladies in my group, I feel refreshed and joyful. I guess God knew what he was talking about when He said, "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20. He uses each of us in each other's lives to build each other up, to learn about Him, and to remind each other of His love.

Once a month, my Bible Study gets together for a pot-luck dinner. There are five of us who meet together and it doesn't take much to make a meal when we all contribute. In other words, it's a cheap way for us to chow down and chat.

Here are some of my favorite pot-luck themes:
Chili night--the host makes chili; additions: toppings, bread and dessert
Taco night--the host has the meat and shells; additions: toppings, salad and dessert
Big Salad night--each person brings a part of the salad (whatever is in the fridge or pantry); additions: bread and dessert
Soup night--the host makes a veggie soup; additions: cooked chicken, grains, bread and dessert

You may have noticed that dessert is always included. Dinner together is a treat, after all. We take turns hosting the meal, so everyone will have a chance to not drive and the prep and clean up is spread around. Even if you don't have a regular group that meets, you can easily invite a few friends over for a memorable, inexpensive evening spent together. Who knows...maybe it will become a monthly tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...