Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

no bake dinner

After an amazing trip to Australia, I am completely, utterly, jet lagged. And the last thing I want to do is cook.

Which is why I bring you, the hors d'oeuvres dinner.

A favorite when we were younger, my mom often served it to us when things were especially busy at our house. We thought we were real fancy eating our french meal.

At the time, it consisted of veggies, cheese, crackers and summer sausage. Today, the ingredients have changed, but the idea remains the same: pull off a satisfying dinner without cooking.

The key is to figure out what you need in a meal to make it feel complete. I need the to have vegetables and protein. Others might need a carbohydrate, something spicy, a fruit, etc. Isolate what it is you need and build on it.

Some of my favorite uncooked ingredients are cheese or cottage cheese, red peppers and carrots (my favorite raw veggie). Throw in a little turkey, and I'm all set.

What's your favorite uncookable meal?

photo

1 comment:

  1. Hey! There's nothing wrong with a no-cook dinner! I eat this kind of stuff all the time. It's really good for you.
    Mmm, I haven't had breakfast yet, and you're making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...