Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Spiritual Pick-Me-Up

There are so many things you can do in 15 minutes to re-center your spiritual walk or to help you get back on track.  And so many of those things are activities you embark upon on your own.


While I love my time alone, I have found as I have grown in my spiritual walk, that it is imperative for me to have community and fellowship on a very regular basis.

When I am in a slump or facing a hard decision or a difficult time, one of the best things I can do is to talk to people whose opinion I value and whose faith I admire.

I am so fortunate to have four siblings who are amazing sounding boards and several friends who I cherish and have such discernment (and of course, an INCREDIBLE husband!).  And as I have entered into mothering, I have come to realize how much I value the opinions of older women in my life.  They have such wisdom and insight and can often see beyond my immediate crisis.

Our spiritual walk is definitely not something we are intended to handle alone and I hope that each of you has someone who can encourage and uplift you in times of need.

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."
- Matthew 18:20

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great post. It is evident that God has provided you all a close circle of friends and family, and is such a blessing to read about it.
    Thank you :)

    Follow me at:
    http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...