Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

When Church Isn't Where You Are

You can access just about anything through the internet. Since you're reading our blog, I'm sure you already know that. I feel like the sheer magnitude of options can be overwhelming. When it comes to spiritual and inspirational resources, this is especially true. There are a few websites and podcasts that I have found with my bible study that are solid and enlightening. I enjoy listening to a snippet of a sermon while washing dishes or driving to and from the grocery store. I often find myself wanting to drive around the block to listen to an excellent sermon on my iPod when I pull into my neighborhood. The best part is that I don't need to worry about something coming on the radio that I don't want my son to hear.

Of course, church is about community and fellowship, but if you can't get to church, why not listen online? I'm thinking about the first month of having a newborn at home. Living abroad. Days when you or someone in your family is sick. Moving and not being able to find a church you like. It happens.

Many of these resources are available for free, but in order to listen to an entire series, some must be published.

Check these out:
Mars Hill
Rock Harbor
The Sanctuary Downtown (This one is the church I attend and love!)

Do you have any incredible spiritual resources to share?

Also, feel free to leave a prayer request in the comments section of this post to have us all pray for you. If it is personal and you would like prayer, please email us at freshly.rooted.blog (at) gmail (dot) com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...