Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Additional resolutions: pray

I think it's so easy to get really overwhelmed by all the ways we want to improve upon our spirituality. It can be so daunting that we end up doing nothing, and feeling worse.

For me the best way to really feel like I'm advancing my relationship with Christ is to take on small, manageable tasks.

While my goal is to attend church more, this might not fit your needs.  Instead try one of these small steps...

1. Listen to worship music more.  I've started listening to The David Crowder Band while I cook dinner.  For some reason, it often doesn't entertain me enough while I'm in the car, but I really enjoy it when I'm cooking.  It's a nice way to unwind.

2. If you have a hard time reading the Bible, create small goals to ease yourself into it. If you tell yourself you're going to read the entire New Testament by the end of the month, you'll become overwhelmed. Instead plan to read a little bit each day, or memorize one verse each week.  In doing so, it will become part of your routine more easily.

3. Make a conscious effort to pray more. Whether it be at bedtime, before a meal, or at your desk before you start work each morning. In doing so, you'll have more fluid communication with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...