Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Resolution: Play {week three}

Dates with my husband are the best. I get so excited when we have plans. We've had delicious dinners at some of Denver's tastiest restaurants. We've seen musicals and concerts. But, one of our family resolutions for this year is to keep to a budget. So, I want to find free or inexpensive date activities for Jose and I.

So far, I've found free days at the Denver Zoo, the Denver Art Museum, and the Botanic Gardens. We could also tour Celestial Seasonings in Boulder, walk along the First Fridays Art Tours, and wander through the Tattered Cover Bookstore. I am already yearning for those summer nights when we can have picnics at the park and hike before dinner. But, for now, I am on a quest to find indoor and winter activities that will be just as fun.

Most cities have free days at museums if you look on the right websites. The Scientific and Cultural Facilities District of Denver offers many of these days. Perhaps your city has something similar. Many neighborhoods also have festivals and events that are free to the public. I'm sure that Jose and I can have some excellent, inexpensive dates. Maybe the search will be half the fun.

Do you have a favorite inexpensive date idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...