Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Resolution: Make {week three}

Sewing is all about patterns. Pants, napkins, purses all can be made if you find the right system by which to do it. One of my favorite things about sewing is to figure out how something is put together and to determine how I can do it myself. Once I find that pattern, if I make that item successfully, I feel a great sense of success. Then, I move on. My resolution is to produce multiples of whatever I sew. Obviously, an etsy shop is going to require this.

For example, I made birthday presents for Courtney and Whitney this year. When I decided to make something for one of my friends for Christmas, I actually followed the same plan I used for Courtney's birthday present. And, believe it or not, it worked quite well!

To increase my skills and passion for sewing, I know that I need to create the same thing over and over again. I learn so much about what I can improve on when I try to repeat a project. Lately, I've been all about napkins. Kid napkins. Dinner napkins. Upcycled napkins. And, soon you'll see them all in our Etsy shop. So, keep your eyes peeled!

And, share! What have you been inspired to make recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...