Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Resolution: Pray

There are so many ways in which I could become more devoted and connected in my spiritual life.



It is hard to choose just one way in which I hope to make positive changes.  And it is also an area of change that I take very seriously.

Yet, I also know that all too often I pledge to make changes that are hard to maintain and I end up becoming frustrated.

This year, I resolve to spend much more time praying with my kids.

We spend a lot of time praying for our kids, but I realize what a huge and powerful impact praying with them will have.  Prior to each meal and before going to bed, we always pray with our children.  But, often in the middle of a stressful day, a big meltdown or even a happy time, I neglect to pray with my kids.

We always pray prior to traveling as we set out to leave town.  As we headed to the midwest this Christmas, my children and I prayed for safe travels and a good trip.  As I finished praying, Lily asked if we could pray for her Dada.  She wanted to pray that he would be ok without us for a few days and that he would make it safely to the midwest.  It meant so much to me that she wanted to pray for him and I realize that I need to give my kids more opportunities to pray for things that are on their minds.

It is a great way to connect with our children, to make them feel loved and secure, and to know the care and goodness of God.

I plan to be very intentional about setting aside time to pray with Lily and Finn this year.  And I resolve to be more open to praying together in the midst of chaos or busyness, when I all too often forget who is truly in charge and watching over us.

How do you plan to make changes in your spiritual life this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...