Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Resolution: Pray {week three}

My husband is Catholic. I am not. While we are on the same page for the basic beliefs of Christianity, we have not been able to find one church that we feel fulfills both our spiritual needs. We attend the Sanctuary Downtown one week and the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary the next. I've learned to appreciate the traditions and history of the Catholic Church, but the weekly sermons don't quite inspire me in the same way that the sermons at the Sanctuary Downtown do. My spiritual resolution is to be more intentional about seeking out inspiration.

Luckily, in this technological age, I can access the weekly sermons on our church's website. Last weekend's sermon about the power of love really spoke to me. Take a listen, if you have time. Let me know what you think.

I've also been thinking about some of the books that I've read over the past year that have stuck with me spiritually. I read Crazy Love and the Irresistible Revolution this year. There are some similarities between the two books and they've certainly affected the way in which I envision my future. So, not only do I want to seek out the inspiration, but I want to really implement it in my life or at least make a conscious effort to do so. It would certainly change the way this new year would look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...