Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Resolution: Make {week two}

Since it turns out that even in my own apartment I'm not the DIY diva I expected myself to be, I've had to reassess my make-iness.

Instead of setting my goal to be to do more DIY projects - because I quickly learned that just leads to me spending money on random Sunday afternoon whims - I've made it my resolution that when I do DIY, I will try to use supplies I already have.

Fortunately, I was able to test this resolution right as 2011 began.  I needed to write thank you notes for all of the Christmas gifts I received (thank you, by the way).  I had extra holiday cards, so I took glitter and glue, and turned them into holiday thank you cards.
Other than the guilt that the mailman's bag is undoubtedly covered in gold glitter, I was very pleased with how they turned out.

To all you lovely gift givers: open with care! They are constantly shedding pretty sparkles.

The next step in my resolution is to make something for our Etsy shop.

I'm not going to say what I'm making because I want it to be a surprise. But I'm putting it out there, so I can be held accountable.

Fortunately Courtney and Ashley bought the supplies, which is kind of a loophole in the no purchasing rule, but I had to start somewhere.  The first step to me successfully making this product, though, is learning to sew.

Once I master that, I'll unveil my creation! Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...